Tenancy WA aims to protect the right to housing for all tenants through advocacy, advice and education, assisting people in resolving rental issues and better understanding the rights and responsibilities of both tenants and landlords.

T: 08 9221 0088 or Free call 1800 621 888   

W: www.tenancywa.org.au   

  • $40 legal advice service fee
    • This fee may be waived if receiving Centrelink or are in financial difficulty or crisis


People living in WA who:

  • rent a private home;
  • live in public housing;
  • live in community housing;
  • rent a caravan or a unit in a residential park;
  • are boarding in a lodging house or a private home.

Please note: we do not provide services to Landlords and Commercial tenants.

For people working in tenancy advice or community services anywhere in WA, we offer a range of support services especially designed to assist you to help your clients.

  • Telephone advice for residential tenants – including issues about private rentals, public and community housing, boarding and lodging, caravan parks long stay tenants.
  • Referral to a Tenant Advocate at a Local Service Unit for assistance and representation
  • Limited casework
  • Test cases to improve the legal standing of tenants
  • Public interest law reform and policy work
  • Community Legal education – including education for tenants and professional development for Tenant Advocates and support workers
  • WA Tenancy Network of tenant advocates and services
  • Community workers Support Hotline (direct number is provided to Tenant Advocates and community workers, contacts us for details)
  • 9:00am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday

Back to top