These resources are from Circle Green Community Legal

Covid - 19 Tenant Issues

Please visit our Covid-19 Resources page here

General tenancy matters 

These resources are from the former Tenancy WA website. 

The links below are not intended to be comprehensive; nor legal advice.  These resources and links are intended to be for informational purposes only, and are not a substitute for independent professional advice. Before acting or relying on any content found on this website or links, you should seek legal or other professional advice for your particular circumstances from a community legal centre, or another lawyer.

Common Problems for tenants 

Take a look at the most common problems listed below. If your problem is on that list, we suggest you read the recommended fact sheets to understand more about your rights and responsibilities in that area. Armed with information you may be able to resolve the situation yourself. If you still require further advice then you can contact Circle Green Community Legal Centre.

I want to move out before the end of my lease?

If you have signed a lease for a defined time like 6 months or 1 year, and you want to move out before the time is up, that is called breaking a lease.

How can I get my bond back?

It‘s important to understand the process of paying a security bond, what happens to that money and how you go about getting it back when you move out.

I need my landlord to do something about... 

If you need some repairs done, have a problem with mould or you have issues with mice, cockroaches or rats in your home, those are all things your landlord may need to deal with.

I'm behind in my rent...

Sometimes your circumstances change and you get behind with paying your rent. There are some steps you can take to try and avoid having your lease terminated by the landlord.

I'm looking for a place to rent and I am not sure what I need to know. 

Whether you are renting for the first time or starting a new rental, it’s good to understand the process, as well as your rights and responsibilities.

I am coming to the end of my lease period.  Is there anything I need to do? 

It can depend on the type of lease you have, but there some steps to take if you want to give notice, finish renting your home and move out.

I've been told I can end up on a residential tenancy database - What does that mean?

Landlords and property managers use Residential Tenancy Databases to check applicants’ rental history. Find out about the databases and what they mean for you.

My landlord is evicting me and/or has called the police.  What can I do? 

If you are facing an eviction from the home you rent you need to understand the process and what your rights are.

My landlord/Property Manager keeps coming into my house.  Can they do that? 

There is a process that landlords must use when entering any property that you rent.

Information for tenants experiencing family and domestic violence:

    Unable to find an answer?

    Please go to the Circle Green GET HELP page to request legal advice about your tenancy matter, or call (08) 6148-3636, or for country callers 1800 621 888

    Further resources are available here.

    You can also contact one of the community legal centres below to assist you with your tenancy issue:

    Metropolitan CLCs

     Regional CLCs